Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Our Ethos and Aims
We want to create a school community which is friendly and purposeful, where all are confident and aspire to do their best. We work as an approachable and supportive team to provide the best possible educational experiences for our pupils and to work together to ensure that all children achieve their full academic potential.
- To develop a lifelong love of learning for our pupils across the school community.
- To raise the aspirations of pupils and encourage each one to be the best they can be.
- To foster a sense of responsibility through use of our golden rules.
- To create a school community where pupils feel safe, valued, secure and of equal worth.
- To support children in caring for the environment and the world around them.
- To provide a stimulating and engaging curriculum, highlighting human achievements from Britain and around the world.
- To promote respect for religious and moral values and cultures and tolerance of different races, religions and ways of life.
- To promote high expectations, take a pride in our achievements and help pupils acquire and develop skills relevant to our rapidly changing world.
In our school we aim to help every child to:
- Be healthy
- Stay safe
- Enjoy and achieve
- Make a positive contribution
- Achieve economic well-being